November 5, 2007

Normal weekend?

This weekend has been a great one but also very crazy at the same time.
For some, weekends are a time of relaxation, I haven't figured that one out yet.
I took Friday off to prepare for a wonderful evening with Christine. We decided that I would cook for us and stay in to watch a movie. I recently purchased a pasta maker, so I made a bechamel shrimp sauce and shrimp bisque. For dessert we had a white chocolate caramel amaretto fondue. We watched Pursuit of Happiness, which even for the second time is a great movie. She is a great woman and I really enjoy spending time with her.
On Saturday we went to see the musical Bye Bye Byrdie at Heritage. Two of our guys Sash and Chris were the leads. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was great and many of our students were in the musical. They did a great job for a high school musical, but Sash really stood out. Even his peers were shocked by his performance. I wouldn't be surprised if acting was apart of his future. After we got back, I headed to a clients house to put in a plant in their front yard. Then I realized that I was close to HHGregg so I went to look for a TV. I have been waiting and looking weekly at TV's. 4 hours later I am at my house with a new HDTV, and I was only going to look. Cyrus and Becky helped put it together and around 10pm it was turned on for the first time. It is really sweet!

Sunday was the crazy part of the weekend. Starting off with church then heading to the shepherd team meeting. Right after the meeting we had guys from our small group over to my place for lunch and to go through a book together. Brandon and I were thinking around 5-6 guys would be interested in this, 13 showed up. Sex God, by Rob Bell is the book we are going through and it was really neat to see them open up as we discussed the topic. Right after the book study I had to run real quick, pick up Trevor and head downtown for the Colts vs Pats game. It was a great game with one series deciding the ending. All I can say is ........the pats suck! After the game I head home as fast as I can to see the Cowboys DEFEAT the eagles.
So there was a great ending to a crazy weekend!

No comments: