November 12, 2009

through eyes that are not mine

What does my life look like through some one's eyes. Do I look like the person that I my heart wants me to be? Do I do strange things? Is what seems to be normal to me, not normal to someone else? Would life be better if we could change the things that are "not normal"? Or would changing the "not normal" take away the parts of life we love?

I watch my friend and from the outside he is very normal. Inside he is more than normal. He is an amazing person who is filled with the love of Christ. His smile and high level of trust welcomes in those around him. He's brilliant, I cant imagine what lies in his future.

What's normal? What is our responsibility when it comes to deciding what is and isn't normal?

You see he cant take care of himself, but he tries to. Sitting next to me I could sense something different to later find out that bathing once a week is normal to him. I asked what his favorite thing is and he can show me cause everything he owns is in one bag. Breakfast? Only when the government gives it out. The list goes on and on.

This isn't normal, but I am lost on what to do.

Our paths have crossed for a reason,

Jesus give me the strength and the wisdom with this one.

No comments: