November 14, 2009

Handed back to Jesus

Have you ever wondered when we see "blue" things we think the color is "Blue"?
Why are the things that we know true? Because someone taught us that truth.
When we were little our parents taught us how to speak, our colors, the ABC's, counting to ten, etc. What if they told us that it was A, B, Z, D, E.... or that the grass was a wonderful orange color and the sky is yellow? Every time we viewed what others call green it would be orange to us or blue to others would be yellow to us.
Follow me?
Life would be different, and what we thought was right would be so wrong. Would life be more of a struggle? How would we interact with others? What would they think? Whose job would it be to help set us straight? What would that look like?

These last couple of days have been very interesting. One of those moments in my life that I'll look back and realize that "life has changed", the start of a different path. What caused that different path is this little innocent child.
*This little guy believes green is orange..........he doesn't know that he is so valuable, that Jesus loves him, that concern for a roof over his head is not his to worry about, or that he should worry about if they will have Medicaid taken away.
*This little guy believes blue is yellow.........he doesn't know how my heart breaks for his, that little things like bathing, brushing his teeth, eating breakfast, being put first in life, being hugged are suppose to happen daily.
*This little guy would be surprised to know that "Z" is out of place the same as ..........sleeping in a car is not normal, visiting your dad in the homeless shelter is not normal, dealing with why someone drinks and drives is not normal, how much money your mother makes is not normal and getting ready in the morning by yourself is not normal.

All I can ask is why????

My heart has been troubled and I haven't slept well these past few nights and I'm sure tonight wont be any different. What goes through my head.......Why did our paths cross? I know God has been a part of this experience-for me, for him, for both? Why? I pray that I do what God wants me to do and not what "I" want to do. So now what?

I hope that while he was with me...
He felt what love is like.
He felt what it was like to be 7 not 25.
He slept, he was secure.
That when he talked, he knew I cared about what he said.
When I hugged him goodnight, he felt the arms of Jesus around him.
That he trusted me.
That he believed in my words.
That others he interacted with really were interested in him.
That he enjoyed life.

I am so helpless with this one. Tomorrow I will hand him back over, and a piece of me will be gone forever.

So Jesus here he is, I hand him back over to you

No comments: