December 22, 2007

Christmas is a timeless story of hope

Every year at this time I prepare myself for a huge impact, 'Christmas with my family'. So this year I wondered how much of my bad attitude played into my past Christmas's and the negative experiences. So I'm changing my perspective to see if it will make a difference.
As much as I put forward with a positive foot, it seems that I get twice as much thrown back at me. Heading on the way to Christmas I find out that my brother is bringing a "friend" home with him. Which now makes 14 people in a 2 bedroom house. I think to myself "perspective", and move on. The night was alright until it got close to bed time (1:30 am) and all but 4 people wanted to head to bed. I head to bed (while the smoking and drinking continues) who knows how much sleep I might get tonight?
Tossing and turning the remaining 4 called it a night @ 4:30 am. With little sleep I am woken to the moving around of my neices at 7 am.
I am thankful for tonight, one down and 4 to go. God knows, and if I can remember throughout the week....God knows and He cares. So I head to bed knowing that Christmas IS a timeless story of Hope (our big idea for youth group on Wed), which doesn't rely on "good or bad" experiences with family.

No comments: